85K, Hall of Residence, University of Westminster, Harrow, London, HA1 3YU Phone: 44-07402669395 E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
University of Westminster London, UK
MA International Journalism 2010.9 – present
TV and Radio Skills
(Radio & Video)
Issues in Journalism, Ethics &Democracy
Fudan University Shanghai, China
Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy 2006.9-2010.7
2009.7-2009.9 Fushun Metropolis Post Fushun Daily News Intern Reporter
- Report current affairs and society news in Fushun City and conduct 21 pieces of news
- Observe the lifestyle of Fushun inhabitants and interview them and make videos
- Learnt the basics of news coverage for print media and skills of investigative reports.
2008.7-2008.9 Liaoning Media Group Liaoning Daily Intern Reporter
- Interview business elites from all walks of life.
- Finished the report Student Denied Access to CE Exam for 250 RMB Tuition Debts, etc
- Learnt the professional ethics for a journalist when cover critical reporting.
Skills & Techniques
- Experienced with various journalistic equipments, Marantz audio recorder and Sony HD camera recorder
- Adept in audio and video editing software Adobe Audition, Burli, Final Cut Pro and Motion.
- Proficient in web producing application Adobe Dreamweaver and scripting language CSS, HTML.
- Practiced in design and graphic processing software Photoshop, Indesign and Flash.
- Skillfully master Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Documentary: A conscientious supermarket: the People’s Supermarket
- News report: A charity fashion shop in London: Mary’s living and Giving
- Piece to Camera: the Korean Community in London after the escalated tension in the Korean Peninsula
- Feature: Mapping Sculpture – a tour to the Victoria and Albert Museum in London
- News Package: the Release of Aung San Suu Kyi.
- 7 minute feature: Parkour in London
- 12 minute Documentary: Big Society or Big Sacrifice? – The Big Society Policy in the UK
- Interview: the Harrow High School Spokeswoman Alexandra Best on the school’s 100th anniversary
- Opinion: The feasibility of truth in war reporting,
The State of Investigative Journalism in China
- Investigative report: Fake relative service in Chinese Weddings
- Feature: Beijing Olympic Legacy
- Profile: Never Underestimate the Heart of a Champion
My personal blog: https://christalzhong.wordpress.com/
Honour & Awards
Fudan Scholarship, 3rd Prize, Third Class Scholarship of Fudan University 2010
New Oriental Scholarship, Outstanding Student Award 2009
Excellent Student Award of Fudan University 2008
Quintessence Student of Fushun City, scholarship granted by Fushun Municipal Government 2006
2008.3 -2009.1 Shanghai Yuying Primary School for Migrant Children Volunteer Teacher
2007.10 World Special Olympic Games Volunteer
2007.9-2010.1 Class Committee Member in charge of Treasury
2006.9-2008.10 College Newspaper Landscape Deputy Editor
2008.3-2009. DV Association Vice President
2008.7-2008.7 Summer Vacation Practice Research of Uni. of Fudan, Shanghai
18/02/2009 IELTS: Overall 7.5; Reading 9.0, Listening 8.0, Writing 7.0, Speaking 6.5
- Interpretation simulation between English and Chinese: passed Advanced Interpretation Certificate Test (Writing Part).
- Cantonese: fair well in listening
- Japanese: Japanese Language Proficiency Test Second Level. I am able to read news in Japanese and conduct basic conversation.